Congratulations to BME undergraduate student, Gianna Sweeting, for being selected as a Fernandez Family Scholar by the Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering for her excellent progress and interest in research and graduate studies. Her research focuses on multi-scale neuroimaging modeling and segmentation in the SMILE lab with Dr. Ruogu Fang.
The Fernandez Family Scholars program supports Gator engineers to pursue graduate degrees in engineering. Selected Fernandez Scholars are provided research stipends (subject to financial aid/scholarship restrictions) and opportunities to develop their communication and research skills through:
- Opportunities for travel awards to present at national and international research conferences
- Workshops on the graduate school, fellowship, and graduate awards application processes
- Research mentorship through partnering with a graduate student mentor
- Participation in UF’s Center for Undergraduate Research Symposium and the state-wide annual Florida Undergraduate Research Conference
- Participation in HWCOE’s Future Faculty workshops