1275 Center Drive, Biomedical Sciences Building J287,
Gainesville, FL 32611
F: (352) 273-9221
Big data analytics, brain informatics, medical image analysis
B.S., Information Engineering, Zhejiang University, China, 2009
Ph.D., Electrical and Computer Engineering, Cornell University, 2014
Dr. Fang’s research spans data, brain and health. She focuses on questions such as: How to evaluate brain health, via mining the big medical data? She also explores how to make medical imaging higher quality and lower risk for the broad population. Fang’s current research is rooted in the big medical data and brain dynamics understanding. Her SMILE lab aims to develop innovative computational models to understand, diagnose and treat brain disorders in big and complex data.
Honors and Awards
- UF HWCOE Faculty Award for Innovation, 2022
- UF BME Faculty Research Excellence Award, 2021
- CTSI Pilot Award, Precision Medicine, 2019
- Senior Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, 2019
- Association for Computing Machinery’s Inaugural Future Computing Academy, 2017
- Ralph E. Powe Junior Faculty Enhancement Award, 2016
- Robin Sidhu Memorial Young Scientist Award, 2016
- Society of Brain Mapping and Therapeutics, 2016
- National Science Foundation CISE Research Initiation Initiative Award, 2015
- Best Paper Award at IEEE International Conference on Image Processing, 2010
Fang R, Pouyanfar S, Yang Y, Chen SC, Iyengar SS. “Computational health informatics in the big data age: a survey,” ACM Computing Surveys (CSUR), 2016 Jun 14;49(1):12.
Fang R, Zhang S, Chen T, Sanelli PC. “Robust low-dose CT perfusion deconvolution via tensor total-variation regularization,” IEEE transactions on medical imaging, 2015 Jul;34(7):1533-48.
Fang R, Chen T, Sanelli PC. “Towards robust deconvolution of low-dose perfusion CT: Sparse perfusion deconvolution using online dictionary learning,” Medical image analysis, 2013 May 31;17(4):417-28.
Fang R, Tang KD, Snavely N, Chen T. “Towards computational models of kinship verification,” InImage Processing (ICIP), 17th IEEE International Conference, Sept 26, 2010 (pp. 1577-1580). IEEE.