1275 Center Drive,
Biomedical Sciences Building J393,
Gainesville, FL 32610
Ph.D., Biomedical Engineering
University of California at Davis, Davis, CA, 2018
University of California at Davis, Davis, CA, 2015
B.E., Information Science & Electrical Engineering
Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China, 2011
Dr. Gong ‘s research interests are centered around the convergence of deep learning, medical imaging, and data science to enhance the diagnosis and treatment monitoring of various diseases, particularly Alzheimer’s disease (AD) and cancer. His work involves developing novel methodologies in medical physics-informed deep learning, leveraging prior information-guided network design, and applying clinical task-driven network training for more accurate and precise results.
Honors and Awards:
- Associate Editor, Medical Physics, 2022-present
- Associate Editor, IEEE Transactions on Radiation and Plasma Medical Sciences, 2021-present
- Bruce H. Hasegawa Young Investigator Medical Imaging Science Award, IEEE NPSS, 2021
- 2nd place PIDSC Young Investigator Award, SNMMI, 2019
- Gong K, Johnson KA, Fakhri GE, Li Q, Pan T. PET image denoising based on denoising diffusion probabilistic models. arXiv preprint arXiv:2209.06167. 2022 Sep 13.
- Gong K, Catana C, Qi J, Li Q. Direct Reconstruction of Linear Parametric Images from Dynamic PET Using Nonlocal Deep Image Prior, IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, 2021 Oct 15;41(3):680-9.
- Gong K, Wu D, Arru C, et al, A Multi-Center Study of COVID-19 Patient Prognosis Using Deep Learning-based CT Image Analysis and Electronic Health Records, European Journal of Radiology, 2021 Jun 1;139:109583.
- Gong K, Catana C, Qi J, Li Q. PET Image Reconstruction Using Deep Image Prior. IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging. 2018 Dec 19;38(7):1655-65.
- Gong K, Guan J, Kim K, Zhang X, Yang J, Seo Y, El Fakhri G, Qi J, Li Q. Iterative PET image reconstruction using convolutional neural network representation. IEEE transactions on medical imaging. 2018 Sep 12;38(3):675-85.
- Gong K, Zhou J, Tohme M, Judenhofer M, Yang Y, Qi J. Sinogram Blurring Matrix Estimation From Point Sources Measurements With Rank-One Approximation for Fully 3-D PET. IEEE transactions on medical imaging. 2017 Oct;36(10):2179-88.