For Magna or Summa Cum Laude Honors
1. Print a copy of the BME Honors Thesis Guidelines and read through this document thoroughly. The guidelines contains specific information about departmental deadlines, recommendations for formatting your written thesis and tips for defending your research.
2. Appoint a Supervisory Committee and submit the Appointment of Supervisory Committee Form to the BME Academic Office (BMS JG-55) by the end of the second week of class during your graduating term. All three committee members must PRINT AND SIGN their names on the form.
- The committee must consist of a total of three members, two of which must be BME faculty, including the Chair and the third is an external member. The third external member may be an affiliate BME faculty member from another department but may not be a primary BME faculty member.
3. Complete the thesis, schedule a final oral exam with your committee, and submit the signed Final Oral Examination Form to the BME Academic Office (BMS JG-55) at least one week prior to classes ending.
4. Submit an electronic copy of your thesis to email@example.com by the last day of class.
5. Submit the online required form and an electronic copy of the completed thesis to the UF Library IR Coordinator by the published deadline. See the UF Libraries website for instructions to complete the online form and additional information.
6. Check that you have followed all the procedures outlined in the College of Engineering Honors Policy.