- About BME
- Academics Home
- Combined Degrees
- Student Resources
- Industry Home
- Partner Benefits
- Student Design Projects
- Guest Lectures
- BME Interns
- Research Collaborations
- Tech Licensing
- Industry News
- "Women's Radio Network Open Forum" To Feature AxoGen, Inc.
- 3rd Annual Pruitt Research Day
- AxoGen, Inc. Announces Clearance from FDA to Proceed with New Multicenter Comparative Study for Avance® Nerve Graft
- AxoGen, Inc. Announces Completion of a Pilot Clinical Study Assessing Cavernous Nerve Reconstruction with Avance® Nerve Graft
- BioD LLC Makes $1 Million Gift Commitment to UF BME
- BioD Receives U.S. Patent for Unique Placental Tissue Technology
- Dr. Peter McFetridge awarded the Tim Brahm Professorship
- Event Celebrates BioD’s $1 Million Gift to BME
- New Industry Partner: Sigma Aldrich Corporation
- RTI Surgical™ Announces Agreement With Novation
- SPECIAL EVENT: “Geraldo Rivera Show” to Feature AxoGen, Inc.
- Stryker Provides Guest Lecture to BME Students
- Contact Us
Pruitt Research Day
4th Annual Pruitt Research Day
Monday, November 16th
Join us as we celebrate the next generation of Biomedical Engineers and Scientists!
Pruitt Research Day will be a celebration of the research being conducted in the BME department and the BME community. We hold our celebration near the birth date of Dr. J. Crayton Pruitt Sr. whose vision and generosity helped found the BME department. Because Dr. Pruitt was always most excited about hearing and discussing our students’ achievements and research. Dr. Pruitt himself was not only a renowned cardiothoracic surgeon but also an inventor of catheters and instruments for use in cardiovascular surgery that include his co-invention of the Pruitt-Inahara shunt – still one of the world’s most popular shunts used during carotid endarterectomy.
We will also be hosting an interactive industry panel discussion for students during Pruitt Research Day. The panel will include top biomedical technologies industry executives who will speak about latest industry trends, job prospects for recent graduates, best practices in leadership/innovation, and who will take questions from students in the audience. Don’t miss the unique opportunity to interface with these experts!
Stay tuned for the keynote speaker announcement and the detailed schedule!
Call for Abstracts:
Please submit abstracts online at the link below by 5pm on Friday, October 16th. We will select six abstracts for presentation as talks in the morning from students who have advanced to PhD candidacy. You must have passed your qualifying exam to be eligible for a talk. All other abstracts will be considered for presentation during the afternoon poster session. We look forward to hearing about your exciting biomedical research!
Abstract Submissions: http://www.bme.ufl.edu/pruitt-research-day/submit