- About BME
- Academics Home
- Combined Degrees
- Student Resources
- Industry Home
- Partner Benefits
- Student Design Projects
- Guest Lectures
- BME Interns
- Research Collaborations
- Tech Licensing
- Industry News
- "Women's Radio Network Open Forum" To Feature AxoGen, Inc.
- 3rd Annual Pruitt Research Day
- AxoGen, Inc. Announces Clearance from FDA to Proceed with New Multicenter Comparative Study for Avance® Nerve Graft
- AxoGen, Inc. Announces Completion of a Pilot Clinical Study Assessing Cavernous Nerve Reconstruction with Avance® Nerve Graft
- BioD LLC Makes $1 Million Gift Commitment to UF BME
- BioD Receives U.S. Patent for Unique Placental Tissue Technology
- Dr. Peter McFetridge awarded the Tim Brahm Professorship
- Event Celebrates BioD’s $1 Million Gift to BME
- New Industry Partner: Sigma Aldrich Corporation
- RTI Surgical™ Announces Agreement With Novation
- Record BME Industry Partner Participation at the 4th Annual Pruitt Research Day
- SPECIAL EVENT: “Geraldo Rivera Show” to Feature AxoGen, Inc.
- Stryker Provides Guest Lecture to BME Students
- Contact Us
Faculty Honors and Awards
Kyle D. Allen, Ph.D.
- Chair of the Young Investigator Subcommittee for the Osteoarthritis Research Society International, 2016
- K99/R00 Pathways to Independence Award from the NIH, 2014
- F32 Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award, 2008-2009
- T32 Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award, 2006-2008
Stephen Hugo Arce, Ph.D.
- McKnight Doctoral Fellow, 2014
- Show more...
Wesley E. Bolch, Ph.D.
- Distinguished Scientific Achievement Award, Health Physics Society, 2014
- Robert’s Prize – Best Paper for 2011 [Phys Med Biol 56: 2309-2346 (2011)], 2012
- Fellow, Health Physics Society (HPS), 2012
Mingzhou Ding, Ph.D.
- Associate Editor, The Journal of Neuroscience, 2016
- Charter Member of NIH Study Sections on Cognitive Neuroscience: 1995-1998, 2002-2006, 2008-2012
- Fellow of the American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering (AIMBE): 1998-present
- University of Florida Research Foundation Professor: 2013-2016
Jon P. Dobson, Ph.D.
- International Journal of Nanomedicine Distinguished Scientist Award, 2017
- Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), 2015
- Fellow, American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering (AIMBE), 2015
- Fellow, The Society of Biology (UK), 2012
- Fellow, The Royal Society of Medicine (UK), 2007
Aysegul Gunduz, Ph.D.
- Associate Editor, Frontiers in Neuroprosthetics, 2016
- NSF CAREER Award, 2016
- International Academy of Medical and Biological Engineering Early Career Award, 2015
- UF Clinical and Translational Science Institute KL2 Scholar, 2015
Brandi K. Ormerod, Ph.D.
- Ruth K. Broad Biomedical Research Foundation Extramural Investigator, 2008-2010
- Fellow, Michael J. Fox Foundation Postdoctoral, 2003-2006
- Fellow, Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada Postdoctoral, 2004-2006
Kevin Otto, Ph.D.
- National Biomedical Engineering Society Annual Conference Co-Chair, 2017
- Faculty Service Award, Weldon School of Biomedical Engineering, 2012
- Seed for Success, Purdue University, 2011
Carlos Rinaldi, Ph.D.
- Associate Editor, International Journal of Nanomedicine, 2015-present
- International Journal of Nanomedicine Early Career Award, 2012
- Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers (PECASE), 2006
- National Science Foundation CAREER Award, 2006
Christine E. Schmidt, Ph.D.
- Fellow, American Society for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), 2013
- Fellow, Biomaterials Science and Engineering (FBSE), International Union of Societies of Biomaterials Science and Engineering, 2012
- Deputy Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Materials Chemistry B, 2012-present
- Fellow, Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES), 2010
- Fellow, American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering (AIMBE), 2009
Blanka Sharma, Ph.D.
- Invited Mentee, U.S. Bone and Joint Initiative Young Investigator Program, 2015
- Featured as "20 under 40" outstanding young faculty by the American Society for Engineering Education, 2014
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) of Canada Postgraduate Fellow, 2002-2004
Cherie Stabler, Ph.D.
- University of Miami, College of Engineering, Johnson A. Edosomwan Researcher of the Year, 2011
- University of Miami, College of Engineering, Eliahu I. Jury Early Career Research Award, 2009
- National Institutes of Health NIDDK Type 1 Diabetes Pathfinder Award, 2008
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Individual Postdoctoral Fellowship, 2005
Bruce Wheeler, Ph.D. (Emeritus)
- President of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, (IEEE EMBS), 2013-2014
- Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), 2014
- Fellow, Institute for Electrical and Electronic Engineering (IEEE), 2013