- About BME
- Academics Home
- Combined Degrees
- Student Resources
- Industry Home
- Partner Benefits
- Student Design Projects
- Guest Lectures
- BME Interns
- Research Collaborations
- Tech Licensing
- Industry News
- "Women's Radio Network Open Forum" To Feature AxoGen, Inc.
- 3rd Annual Pruitt Research Day
- AxoGen, Inc. Announces Clearance from FDA to Proceed with New Multicenter Comparative Study for Avance® Nerve Graft
- AxoGen, Inc. Announces Completion of a Pilot Clinical Study Assessing Cavernous Nerve Reconstruction with Avance® Nerve Graft
- BioD LLC Makes $1 Million Gift Commitment to UF BME
- BioD Receives U.S. Patent for Unique Placental Tissue Technology
- Dr. Peter McFetridge awarded the Tim Brahm Professorship
- Event Celebrates BioD’s $1 Million Gift to BME
- New Industry Partner: Sigma Aldrich Corporation
- RTI Surgical™ Announces Agreement With Novation
- Record BME Industry Partner Participation at the 4th Annual Pruitt Research Day
- SPECIAL EVENT: “Geraldo Rivera Show” to Feature AxoGen, Inc.
- Stryker Provides Guest Lecture to BME Students
- Contact Us
Anthony B. Brennan, Ph.D.
Anthony B. Brennan, Ph.D.
Margaret A. Ross Endowed Professor
BME Graduate Faculty Status
Materials Science & Engineering
MAE 309 P.O. Box 116400 Gainesville, FL 32611
PhD, 1990 Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University Materials Engineering Science
MS, 1980 Rochester Institute of Technology Chemistry
BA, 1975 State University of New York Chemistry
The Margaret A. Ross Endowed Professor of Materials Science & Engineering, Brennan earned a PhD at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. He joined the University of Florida in January 1991 as an Assistant Professor. Professor Brennan's research interests include the design, fabrication and characterization of tissue constructs with an emphasis on biointerfaces, which mimic natural biosurfaces. Seventeen graduate students have earned their PhD or MS in Materials Science and Engineering or Biomedical Engineering under his guidance. He has published over 85 refereed articles, book chapters and abstracts. He is inventor and co-inventor on six US Patents and currently holds the rank of Professor in the Department of Materials Science and Engineering with a joint appointment in Biomedical Engineering. Professor Brennan serves as the Graduate Coordinator for the Biomaterials Specialty and Biomedical Engineering at the University of Florida. He serves on the College of Engineering Curriculum Committee, Faculty Senate Steering Committee and numerous other national committees. Professor Brennan assumed the position of Faculty Senate Chair May 15, 2003.