- About BME
- Academics Home
- Combined Degrees
- Student Resources
- Industry Home
- Partner Benefits
- Student Design Projects
- Guest Lectures
- BME Interns
- Research Collaborations
- Tech Licensing
- Industry News
- "Women's Radio Network Open Forum" To Feature AxoGen, Inc.
- 3rd Annual Pruitt Research Day
- AxoGen, Inc. Announces Clearance from FDA to Proceed with New Multicenter Comparative Study for Avance® Nerve Graft
- AxoGen, Inc. Announces Completion of a Pilot Clinical Study Assessing Cavernous Nerve Reconstruction with Avance® Nerve Graft
- BioD LLC Makes $1 Million Gift Commitment to UF BME
- BioD Receives U.S. Patent for Unique Placental Tissue Technology
- Dr. Peter McFetridge awarded the Tim Brahm Professorship
- Event Celebrates BioD’s $1 Million Gift to BME
- New Industry Partner: Sigma Aldrich Corporation
- RTI Surgical™ Announces Agreement With Novation
- Record BME Industry Partner Participation at the 4th Annual Pruitt Research Day
- SPECIAL EVENT: “Geraldo Rivera Show” to Feature AxoGen, Inc.
- Stryker Provides Guest Lecture to BME Students
- Contact Us
The J. Crayton Pruitt Family Lectures in Biomedical Engineering
November 21, 2011
This series of lectures is newly established in honor of the J. Crayton Pruitt Family for their exceptional support for the Department. We are especially indebted to J. Crayton Pruitt, Sr., (1931-2011) not only for financial support, but also for his great interest in all things intellectual and entrepreneurial. Dr. Pruitt was particularly interested in nurturing young scholars and for this last we are establishing this lectureseries, with each lecturer named a J. Crayton Pruitt Scholar. We hope that this honor is one that helps the Scholar on her or his career path as well as that it informs the wider world of the progress in Biomedical Engineering at the University of Florida.
We are proud to announce our inaugural recipient of this award is Dr. Carolyn Bayer, holder of the Ruth Kirschstein / NIH Postdoctoral Fellowship at the University of Texas at Austin. Dr. Bayer’s talk was entitled "Photoacoustic Molecular Imaging and Nanoparticle Contrast Agent Design". In the accompanying photograph she receives the J. Crayton Pruitt Family Scholar plaque from BME interim chair Bruce Wheeler.