- About BME
- Academics Home
- Combined Degrees
- Student Resources
- Industry Home
- Partner Benefits
- Student Design Projects
- Guest Lectures
- BME Interns
- Research Collaborations
- Tech Licensing
- Industry News
- "Women's Radio Network Open Forum" To Feature AxoGen, Inc.
- 3rd Annual Pruitt Research Day
- AxoGen, Inc. Announces Clearance from FDA to Proceed with New Multicenter Comparative Study for Avance® Nerve Graft
- AxoGen, Inc. Announces Completion of a Pilot Clinical Study Assessing Cavernous Nerve Reconstruction with Avance® Nerve Graft
- BioD LLC Makes $1 Million Gift Commitment to UF BME
- BioD Receives U.S. Patent for Unique Placental Tissue Technology
- Dr. Peter McFetridge awarded the Tim Brahm Professorship
- Event Celebrates BioD’s $1 Million Gift to BME
- New Industry Partner: Sigma Aldrich Corporation
- RTI Surgical™ Announces Agreement With Novation
- Record BME Industry Partner Participation at the 4th Annual Pruitt Research Day
- SPECIAL EVENT: “Geraldo Rivera Show” to Feature AxoGen, Inc.
- Stryker Provides Guest Lecture to BME Students
- Contact Us
Record BME Industry Partner Participation at the 4th Annual Pruitt Research Day
On November 16, the department of Biomedical Engineering at UF hosted the 4th Annual Pruitt Research Day. Pruitt Research Day is designed to showcase the quality of student research projects conducted during the academic year, as well as to inspire classmates in the biomedical engineering programs to pursue their research.
The Keynote speaker was Todd Goede, who spoke on his experience working in the industry and provided the students with great tips and insight on how to navigate the business world. Todd is currently the Vice President of Global Research and Development at RTI Surgical.
We invited the BME Industry Partners to participate in Pruitt Research Day. Representatives from Alafair BioSciences, AxoGen, BioD, Edwards Lifesciences, Exactech, RTI Surgical and Sigma-Aldrich participated in an interactive industry panel discussion with students. In addition to the panel, the industry representatives set up tables during the poster session to help students learn more about the companies, internship opportunities, and general career paths.
We had 6 student talks and 44 poster presentations this year. Faculty members judged the posters and selected finalists.Thank you to all the students who worked hard preparing for your presentations.
Congratulations to the following award winners!
Jonathan Shute (Dr. Gunduz’s lab) – Best Oral Presentation
Amanda Boczkowski (Dr. Bova’s lab) – Best Poster Presentation
Antonietta Restuccia (Dr. Hudalla’s lab) – Honorable Mention Poster
Donald Bejleri – (Dr. Rinaldi’s lab) – Honorable Mention Poster
Congratulations to all the winners and participants!
Please visit our Flickr page to view all the photos from the event!