- About BME
- Academics Home
- Combined Degrees
- Student Resources
- Industry Home
- Partner Benefits
- Student Design Projects
- Guest Lectures
- BME Interns
- Research Collaborations
- Tech Licensing
- Industry News
- "Women's Radio Network Open Forum" To Feature AxoGen, Inc.
- 3rd Annual Pruitt Research Day
- AxoGen, Inc. Announces Clearance from FDA to Proceed with New Multicenter Comparative Study for Avance® Nerve Graft
- AxoGen, Inc. Announces Completion of a Pilot Clinical Study Assessing Cavernous Nerve Reconstruction with Avance® Nerve Graft
- BioD LLC Makes $1 Million Gift Commitment to UF BME
- BioD Receives U.S. Patent for Unique Placental Tissue Technology
- Dr. Peter McFetridge awarded the Tim Brahm Professorship
- Event Celebrates BioD’s $1 Million Gift to BME
- New Industry Partner: Sigma Aldrich Corporation
- RTI Surgical™ Announces Agreement With Novation
- Record BME Industry Partner Participation at the 4th Annual Pruitt Research Day
- SPECIAL EVENT: “Geraldo Rivera Show” to Feature AxoGen, Inc.
- Stryker Provides Guest Lecture to BME Students
- Contact Us
RTI Surgical™ Announces Agreement With Novation
ALACHUA, Fla. (April. 13, 2015) – RTI Surgical Inc. (RTI) (Nasdaq: RTIX), a leading global surgical implant company, announced a new agreement with Novation, a health care services company with more than 100,000 members and affiliates of VHA Inc., UHC, Children’s Hospital Association and Provista, LLC. The agreement covers RTI’s full line of surgical specialties implants and is effective starting April 1, 2015. RTI Surgical is the only provider offering a complete line of biologic implants for hernia repair, complex abdominal wall repair cases and breast reconstruction surgeries, providing surgeons multiple tissue types to better meet the patient’s clinical needs. The portfolio includes Fortiva™ porcine dermis, Tutopatch™ bovine pericardium, Tutomesh™ fenestrated bovine pericardium and Cortiva™ allograft dermis.
These implants are sterilized through the patented Tutoplast® Tissue Sterilization Process, a validated chemical sterilization process that thoroughly penetrates tissue, removing antigenicity and inactivating pathogens. Terminal sterilization using low dose gamma irradiation achieves a sterility assurance level (SAL) of 10-6.
“We are very excited to announce this agreement with Novation,” said Brian K. Hutchison, president and CEO of RTI Surgical. “We look forward to offering the members served by Novation our complete portfolio of biologic implants for hernia repair and breast reconstruction, backed by our track record of more than five million sterilized implants distributed with zero incidence of implant-associated infection.” For more information about RTI’s comprehensive line of biologic implants used for hernia repair and breast reconstruction, please visit www.rtisurgical.com or contact an RTI representative at (877) 612-4287.
Jenny Highlander, APR, CPRC
Director, Corporate Communications