- About BME
- Academics Home
- Combined Degrees
- Student Resources
- Industry Home
- Partner Benefits
- Student Design Projects
- Guest Lectures
- BME Interns
- Research Collaborations
- Tech Licensing
- Industry News
- "Women's Radio Network Open Forum" To Feature AxoGen, Inc.
- 3rd Annual Pruitt Research Day
- AxoGen, Inc. Announces Clearance from FDA to Proceed with New Multicenter Comparative Study for Avance® Nerve Graft
- AxoGen, Inc. Announces Completion of a Pilot Clinical Study Assessing Cavernous Nerve Reconstruction with Avance® Nerve Graft
- BioD LLC Makes $1 Million Gift Commitment to UF BME
- BioD Receives U.S. Patent for Unique Placental Tissue Technology
- Dr. Peter McFetridge awarded the Tim Brahm Professorship
- Event Celebrates BioD’s $1 Million Gift to BME
- New Industry Partner: Sigma Aldrich Corporation
- RTI Surgical™ Announces Agreement With Novation
- SPECIAL EVENT: “Geraldo Rivera Show” to Feature AxoGen, Inc.
- Stryker Provides Guest Lecture to BME Students
- Contact Us
J. Crayton Pruitt Family Department of Biomedical Engineering
Welcome to the J. Crayton Pruitt Family Department of Biomedical Engineering. On our website you can find out all about us: our people, our educational programs, and our research. We are very excited to have moved into the new Biomedical Sciences Building, which now houses the department's administration and research labs. This 85,000 sq. ft. building is attached to the Health Sciences complex and allow easy collaborations. Please note our updated contact information at the bottom of this page.
Our educational program currently has 35 MS and 57 PhD students enrolled, and we have awarded 161 degrees since the program's inception in 1998.
On the research side, we have obtained over $10M in funding and our faculty and students have published over 450 peer reviewed articles.