- About BME
- Academics Home
- Combined Degrees
- Student Resources
- Industry Home
- Partner Benefits
- Student Design Projects
- Guest Lectures
- BME Interns
- Research Collaborations
- Tech Licensing
- Industry News
- "Women's Radio Network Open Forum" To Feature AxoGen, Inc.
- 3rd Annual Pruitt Research Day
- AxoGen, Inc. Announces Clearance from FDA to Proceed with New Multicenter Comparative Study for Avance® Nerve Graft
- AxoGen, Inc. Announces Completion of a Pilot Clinical Study Assessing Cavernous Nerve Reconstruction with Avance® Nerve Graft
- BioD LLC Makes $1 Million Gift Commitment to UF BME
- BioD Receives U.S. Patent for Unique Placental Tissue Technology
- Dr. Peter McFetridge awarded the Tim Brahm Professorship
- Event Celebrates BioD’s $1 Million Gift to BME
- New Industry Partner: Sigma Aldrich Corporation
- RTI Surgical™ Announces Agreement With Novation
- Record BME Industry Partner Participation at the 4th Annual Pruitt Research Day
- SPECIAL EVENT: “Geraldo Rivera Show” to Feature AxoGen, Inc.
- Stryker Provides Guest Lecture to BME Students
- Contact Us
Graduating with Honors
For Magna or Summa Cum Laude Honors:
1. Print a copy of the BME Honors Thesis Guidelines and read through this document thoroughly. The guidelines contains specific information about departmental deadlines, recommendations for formatting your written thesis and tips for defending your research.
2. Appoint a Supervisory Committee and submit the Appointment of Supervisory Committee Form to the BME Academic Office (BMS JG-55) by the end of the second week of class during your graduating term. All three committee members must sign next to their names on the form.
- The committee must consist of a total of three members, two of which must be BME faculty, including the Chair and the third is an external member. The third external member may be an affiiliate BME faculty member from another department but may not be a primary BME faculty member.
3. Complete the thesis, schedule a final oral exam with your committee, and submit the signed Final Oral Examination Form and Honors Thesis Submission Form to the BME Academic Office (BMS JG-55) at least two weeks prior to classes ending.
4. Submit an electronic copy of your thesis to firstname.lastname@example.org by the last day of class.
5. Send an electronic copy of your thesis, the Honors Thesis Submission Form, and additional (optional) forms to the UF Library Coordinator by May 4 in the spring semester or December 21 in the fall semester. Instructions for submitting these files can be found online at http://archive.honors.ufl.edu/Thesis.aspx.
6. Check that you have followed all the procedures outlined in the College of Engineering Honors Policy.